Helping Keep The Durham Community Local
Mon December 17, 2018
- John Roberts murder: Police still 'determined' to catch murderer - Northumbria Police makes new appeal for help in the "John The Badge" murder.
- Newcastle man in court on terror charge - Fatah Mohammed Abdullah is alleged to have searched online for a pressure cooker to make an explosive.
- Northern rail strikes: Passengers brace for disruption - Rail workers working for Northern are to continue their series of strikes in the run-up to Christmas.
- Abdulrahman Alcharbati jailed for terrorism Facebook videos - Police say material posted by Abdulrahman Alcharbati "encouraged others to carry out terrorist activity".
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.