Helping Keep The Durham Community Local
Thu January 23, 2020
- Washington death-crash lorry driver found guilty - Marcel Balan is convicted of causing death by dangerous driving by a jury at Newcastle Crown Court.
- Boris Johnson urged to let Greggs workers keep bonus - The PM rejects claims by Jeremy Corbyn the government is not helping low paid workers on universal credit.
- New Tory MPs 'not welcome' at Durham Miners' Gala - A Durham miners' official paraphrases Boris Johnson saying he'd rather "die in a ditch" than invite Tories.
- Tesco Bank to create 20 tech jobs in Newcastle - The jobs boost is part of a wider investment in the company's online banking operation.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.