Helping Keep The Durham Community Local
Wed October 16, 2019
- HS2 must be built in full, say the CBI's regional heads - The call by regional heads of the CBI business lobby comes amid worries HS2 could be scaled back.
- Gascoigne 'in drunken state' when arrested - The ex-England footballer is accused of "forcefully and sloppily" kissing a woman on a train.
- Missing Scott Clive's mother's appeal for new witnesses 17 years on - Patricia Clive believes harm came to her son and does not believe he fell in the water.
- More than half of A&Es 'not good enough' - The government in England must find a solution for social care to ease pressure, the regulator says.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.