Helping Keep The Durham Community Local
Fri February 15, 2019
- Man found guilty of Sacriston stabbing murder - The 25-year-old victim died in the street after being stabbed in the chest.
- Newcastle cyclist 'liquid soap' attacks: Man arrested - Police do not believe the liquid was "noxious" and say it may have been soap.
- Gateshead lollipop lady quits over safety concerns - Jacqueline Carver says she loves her job but has suffered abuse from drivers.
- Tilly Lockey: 'I can paint with my bionic arms' - Tilly Lockey, 13, has bionic arms that are so sophisticated she can now use a paintbrush and apply make-up.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.